Saturday, March 08, 2008

12659 steps

I just came in from outside where it's 21 degrees (f) and lightly snowing and I'm covered in sweat. I was lugging a 25ish pound pack with our Philmont crew. We covered 5.27 miles but it felt like more. Today's hike was mapped out to be 7 miles but my pedometer registered just over 5. There were 6 of us today. Three dads and three of the six scouts that will make the trip this summer. I've really gotta get in shape and do it soon. I shouldn't be this sore or worn out at sea level when our expedition will range from 6,000 to 12,000 feet. We talked about which trek we should get and yes, those boys want to summit Baldy at 12,000 feet. At their age it's no big deal, but it's a killer for the dads.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Looking forward to more posts r0k.

Scoobie